Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Review and New Release: Approximately Yours by Julie Hammerle




Title: Approximately Yours
Author: Julie Hammerle
Series: North Pole, Minnesota
Genre: YA Contemporary
Publisher: Entangled Teen Crush
Release Date: October 3, 2017



Author Bio:



Julie Hammerle is the author of THE SOUND OF US (Entangled TEEN, 2016). Before settling down to write "for real," she studied opera, taught Latin, and held her real estate license for one hot minute. Currently, she writes about TV on her blog Hammervision, ropes people into conversations about Game of Thrones, and makes excuses to avoid the gym. Her favorite YA-centric TV shows include 90210 (original spice), Felicity, and Freaks and Geeks. Her music playlist reads like a 1997 Lilith Fair set list.

She lives in Chicago with her husband, two kids, and a dog. They named the dog Indiana.


My Review:


This was my second trip to North Pole, Minnesota, and I have to say, this one was even more fun than the last! I really liked Holly. She felt real to me. She's strong and outspoken and knows what to say to guys, but she keeps a protective wall around her at all times and assumes that people are going to hurt her. But, hidden behind Elda's cell phone, she's able to finally connect with a guy...Danny, the guy she's been crushing on since they were little. Only, it ends up getting her into big trouble. I had a lot of fun reading all their texts and gifs back and forth. The GOT references were SO great in this book. I was laughing my head off and kept thinking, "These are my kind of people." So clearly, Julie is also my kind of people. Julie? Why aren't we friends? After reading your non-acknowledgments/Airing of Grievances page I really felt like our friendship should be a thing, especially the parts about George R. R. Martian and avocados being so delicious and so expensive. I feel your pain.

I digress... Back to my review.

Elda was hilarious with her gorgeous body and awkward conversation. Her obsession with gross stuff felt so random and was fun. I feel like I missed out on her relationship with Dinesh though. I kind of wanted them to have their own book because they both seem like such cool characters.

And Craig. I LOVED that guy. Making his gingerbread people the entire Stark family made me giddy.  I want to see more of him. He needs his own quirky Throner chick. I'm just sayin'.

There were so many good parts to this book. I just want to read it over again because it went too fast, and I savored every moment of it. Thanks, Julie and Entangled for another yummy, fun read.

**Five Stars**

No comments:

Post a Comment